Make Your Home Stand Out
- If your house numbers are weathered, buy new ones in a style
that matches your homes character. Or paint the old ones
to give them new definition.
- Has your mailbox seen better days? Paint it for a fresh pop
of color or swap it out for a new one. Youll notice an
- If the lighting fixtures near your front door scream dated,
look for some trendy, inexpensive replacements that are available
at most hardware stores.
- If the hardware on your doors, windows and other areas has
been painted over, is getting rusty or is coming unhinged, repair
or replace it.
- Want to take your homes exterior from drab to fab? Add
plants, whether theyre in window boxes, containers or
a garden, their color and lushness can transform your house
into something special.
- If youre lucky enough to have a porch, show it off with
comfortable furniture, like a glider or Adirondack chair, to
add a friendly, welcoming touch.
- Repair anything that is chipped, peeling or cracked, including
garage doors, fences, gutters, sidewalks and more. Sand, patch
and repaint as needed.
- Wash your windows. Simple enough, right? Its amazing
how appealing cleanliness can be! Plus, natural light is a major
- Pick up debris on your lawn and edge the grass. A manicured
edge shows you care about the details. Prune bushes and trees
to maintain their shape.
- Remove weeds growing between the cracks in your driveway.
While youre at it, seal the cracks and clean up any oil
- For night showings, put your outdoor lights on a timer to
warmly welcome buyers. If you can, install a spotlight and aim
it at a tree or an especially nice feature of your house.